Monday, June 24, 2013

Sleep.

When we found out I was pregnant, we decided almost immediately we needed to put Ev in a toddler bed, and I think we seriously jumped the gun a little much on it. I think within a week we had found a bed and put Ev in her toddler bed. I had kinda said I wanted to wait till I was back from my Utah trip, but Ev was so excited about her new bed that I couldn't resist watching her climb into her bed, curl up and read a book till she fell asleep it was so cute... and she still does it which is cute... but I cannot even begin to tell you how much Evelyn is aware of the new freedom in this bed.

If you have ever been pregnant you know that the 1st trimester is exhausting! I don't remember being this tired when I was pregnant with Evelyn, but then I was living with my parents so I didn't have much to clean up, or a toddler running around. This go around I just feel really flippin' tired all the time! I do my best to go to bed early and if I can I sneek in a nap while Ev is down for hers. But I tell you... with this new found freedom Ev is suddenly so aware of... she knows she can get out of bed, and come right into my room at 4am, and thinks its time to wake up, then I am begging her to go to bed, while she screams and cries, and sometimes I cannot get her back to sleep.

When she first started doing this she was up at 6:30 on the dot. Now it's 5:30 and earlier. I guess I am getting payback for feeling like I was so lucky she would sleep till 7 or 8 this whole time. Usually I have just been grabbing her and putting her in my bed, because P has already left for work, and I'll turn on Blue's Clues or Yo Gabba Gabba so I can sleep a little longer. Which honestly makes me feel like a bad lazy parent... which is not what I want. I just want Ev to sleep!

I don't really even know what to do with this sleep situation. I'm just trying to make it through.. and I am sure once I am over being so tired and gain some energy back that I will be more willing to get up earlier... probably not, but I can definitely say... I miss her being in a crib, where she literally could wake up early and once I told her to go back to bed, she'd maybe cry for 5 minutes and go back to sleep. Also the paci... but I am glad its gone! I'm not going back to that!

Thanks for listening to my whining. I can't wait for naptime! Zzzz...

3 comments:

Chantal said...

That's certainly rough!!

Audrey Spence said...

We just in the last few months have finally gotten Charlotte to go to bed on her own and she's finally sleeping through the night after a long spell of waking up a bunch. It's only taken us 2 years to work out the kinks :)

Unknown said...

It's rough. We've definitely struggled a bit with this. We gave our little man his own kiddy alarm clock to help him understand that "wakey time comes after the beep beeps" The sound cue has helped sometimes. {not always} and we also established a firm no tv watching unless it's after beep beep time. {He wanted to come in and watch his morning cartoon- and it was getting earlier and earlier} When we first got firm it was HARD, but it's gotten better! Hang in there!

Post a Comment

I <3 to read your comments!

 
Content Copyright Missus Elle | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs