Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Paranoia!

This has been kind of a rough last few weeks for me. As my due date approaches and nesting quickly sets in for me, I find myself feeling VERY unprepared. The girl has all the basic's and a few extras, and a few more things on the to-do list that aren't expensive.

This pregnancy is way different then when I was pregnant with Evelyn. With Evelyn, I was living at home, P was deployed, I could pretty much buy what I wanted with that extra money... so I was pretty prepared when I entered into the single week count down. This go around... I have been bargain shopping like a mad woman since I found out I was pregnant. I've gotten a lot of the things I need PLUS the added bonus of things I really wanted.

When I was pregnant with Evelyn, I had weird dreams all the time... this time, only a few here and there. But this time, I am having dreams about going into labor SUPER early. I'm talking like any day now type of early. I'm to the point where I almost feel the need to pack up a hospital bag it's freaking me out so badly.

I made arrangements with a good friend here and she's willing to take Evelyn whenever I go into labor. My Mom's flight is booked, and she'll be here a few days after Christmas. I only need a few more things for myself for the hospital and first few weeks, but I still can't shake this feeling I am having.

I hope its just me freaking out about becoming a mommy of two, and not a real serious thing. I know the dangers of having a baby earlier, especially in the colder months.

The funny thing about my dreams is that even though I am "in labor", no one believes me! Not even the hospital. I even find myself waking up from the dreams grasping onto a hard belly. I'm just not sure, and there is no way to even be sure!

P and I have been doing great and preparing my body for labor & delivery. Lots of stretching, lots of breathing exercises and when I'm up for it we go for a long walk. (usually I can't walk too long or far without some Braxton Hicks contractions). When I was pregnant with Evelyn, I avoided almost all of that, because I NEEDED P to be here for Evelyn's birth... worked out pretty good for us, since he was there. But I wonder if all this preparing will also make labor happen earlier this go around... I was over due by a day with Evelyn, and I was induced. This go around, no induction unless needed... and lets face it... I'm actually sexually active with my husband this go around... so who knows if that will stir anything up.

Now my belly and body are getting all nervous just thinking about it all! AHH!

I'm going to stop talking about it for now. Tomorrow I am 31 weeks. 9 more to go people!!


2 comments:

Chantal said...

I remember that feeling... everything will come together! just know that newborns don't need much, right?

Jen said...

Wow time is flying by!

Post a Comment

I <3 to read your comments!

 
Content Copyright Missus Elle | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs