Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Whats up with Evelyn.

I really truly believed for a long time that Evelyn was a perfect little angel. She has her good and bad days, but usually she's pretty good. I almost never had to punish her or practically beg her to pick up her toys. She did everything with a smile...

Fast forward a few months... Holy hell! Evelyn is still an amazing little girl, but she's in time out at least 3 times a day, usually for not listening. She's started her "drama queen" attitude, which is a total mirror image of who I was until I was 18 (woo), she also doesn't like to pick up toys... just for her to pick up her room it takes us about 15 minutes (max), to get her started, it usually hits the breaking point when she gets put in time out for hitting/running away from me. I really sometimes have no idea where that sweet little toddler went. P and I finally decided to put child locks on the doors so that she cannot enter any room she pleases and make messes. Her room also has one on it, so we can contain the messes.

For the most part though... I do have to say I have a little sweetheart. She is so in love with her Daddy and really in love with my belly. She is having a hard time learning boundaries with me now that I cannot be her trampoline, but I try to be very forgiving. I know how much her life is about to change and we are doing our best to prepare her for her Sissy.

I'm lucky enough that a few of my friends have had babies lately and I just love how in awe she is of all these little babies. She doesn't touch without permission and just says "awe how cute!", "its a baby!", "shhh she's sleeping". She's done great and I can only hope she'll keep it up with her new sibling. My mom reminds me though I might have to worry about her trying to mother her sibling, but I can't expect Evelyn to be a complete angel either. I'm sure we'll end up with some funny stories.

Evelyn is suddenly super interested in Pirates! I know that P is stoked that Evelyn will pick up sticks outside and they can have a little duel. She's completely in love with Hook, and screams every time he comes on Jake and the Neverland Pirates. But she's still very girlie and loves to dress up and is still in love with Minnie Mouse.

We started doing school time with her. We registered for ABCmouse.com and Evelyn has been really enjoying it! She is mainly focusing on her ABC's, animals and numbers. She used to really try with her colors and suddenly everything is now "ink!" to her, so I had that take a backseat, but still correct her if she calls her banana's, "ink".

Other then that, Evelyn is still a really great kid! She gets along so well with other children and is usually just so happy to be alive! She loves acting like a big kid, although she's super NOT interested in potty training, but we are working on it :) We are so blessed to have this little girl apart of our lives, I have high hopes for her future.

2 comments:

Chantal said...

She is so cute. Those terrible two's are coming, huh? I love that she loves pirates.

Audrey Spence said...

Charlotte still has her moments and she's 4 1/2! I think its just girls. And she still has plenty of time to potty train. Charlotte wouldn't have any of it until after she turned 3 and then it just clicked and she picked it up way faster than I ever thought. If I were you I'd probably just even wait until after the baby is born and after you move and settle down a bit. As long as your okay changing two kids diapers. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I vowed that would never happen. Boy was I wrong! But once a routine settled in and she was used to the new baby and life seemed somewhat normal again it just worked better than it had the other times I tried. Good luck! :)

Post a Comment

I <3 to read your comments!

 
Content Copyright Missus Elle | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs