Monday, May 2, 2011

9 Years 7 Months 20 Days

That my friends is exactly how long it took to find and kill Osama Bin Laden. I rejoiced last night, because other families of those who were victims of 9/11 finally got their justice. Though this is not the end of terrorism, it certainly shows that America no matter how long it takes will not back down when we've been threatened and attacked.
Though I am not a person who has lost a loved one in the war, I hope they feel as though their soldiers died protecting our country.
I can remember 9/11 like it was yesterday and it is a story I will tell my children and my grandchildren...today we can all offically say that they have gotten their justice.

I've seen the hate about Bin Laden being dead. How we should not be rejoicing over death...death is not always something to rejoice over...but considering this man and his followers have thousands of American's blood on their hands...this time its a well needed, well deserved death. I feel no pitty for him.
Those that said we should have found him sooner are not looking at what we have done and what we have accomplished. The times we had him but did not have enough force was to save american lives. For those who say we didnt find him fast enough, it appears to me that they dont care about these troops. I'm glad we found him, period. No matter how long it took, we found him, and we gave the victims of 9/11 and the soldiers lives who died protecting this country the justice they deserve, and thats the bottom line.

I've never ever forgotten the reason we went to Afghanistan...we went to find this man, and 9 years 7 months and 20 days later we can finally say we have him. Everytime I've learned of another soldiers death it breaks my heart, not only to know that could have been my husband, but also to feel the pain they must feel must hurt like hell. I know losing a family member isnt easy..in war or not, I know this from losing my sister so suddenly. It hurts in war or not and those families are in my thoughts and prayers every day.
I'm glad justice has been done. I'm glad that he is dead. I'm glad that widows and children will finally rest easy knowing this man is dead and gone.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." ~Thomas Jefferson
I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 to read your comments!

 
Content Copyright Missus Elle | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs