Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remember The Day..

10 years ago, I was walking into my 7th grade Utah History class when I saw my teacher staring at the TV...I noticed the smoke coming out of the building and then saw another plane hit. I had never heard of the Twin Towers before that day.
I walked the halls to classes with news reports though out the day...we had been attacked by terrorists and this was going to change everything.

I remember the days that followed when they pinned the attack on Osama Bin Laden and started to hear of our Military preparing to go to Afghanistan...little did I know then, that I would marry a soldier who would one day go to war.

I remember the months that followed while they still pulled the bodys out beneath the rubble.

I remember all the details, never knowing I would marry a US Army Solider.

Today I am ever so grateful for our nation. I get first hand experience to share lives with American Heroes. Those who went to the recruiting office and signed up within days of the attack, and those who were first called to fight back.
Sometimes I think we take for granted what we have, but then you have a reminder every year of what we really have and how many people in the world would love to see us fall.

I am proud to be an American because I know I am free...and I wont forget my friends who have died and gave that right to me. I'll proudly stand up next to you and defend her today, because there aint no doubt...I love this land!

God Bless Our American Troops and 
God Bless the USA!

2 comments:

Erinn said...

Thank you for sharing your story.

Penelopie said...

I love this post. It is interesting to see the point of view of others on that day.

Post a Comment

I <3 to read your comments!

 
Content Copyright Missus Elle | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs