Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Why we can't wait to leave Ft Bragg..

I really thought I would never say that.

Before we got here...before we even knew we were moving here, I wanted to come here. This was my dream duty station. I have always wanted to come to the Carolinas, and see this beautiful place. To live here would be a dream.

I really do like living here. I enjoy being near the coast, all the trees and the beautiful sunsets.

However, this post has seemed to have its major downsides.

Now I am not speaking for everyone, or even this whole post. Fort Bragg might be the place for certain people. I honestly sometimes wonder if Fort Riley just spoiled us...but that being said, P and I cannot wait to get the eff out of here.

I used to hate when P would say "I cant wait to move!!" But no, I get it now.

P is constantly working late...and I mean late hours. Sometimes he leaves at 5 AM and wont be home til 7PM and then he'll come home and tell me he was so busy he didnt even get to eat all day. Seriously who does that? Maybe its in his control, I do not know I am not at work with him, all I know is he is sick of it.

I am getting sick of it too. He comes home, late or not, and his phone goes off constantly, he goes to bed at 8 or 9 and at least 4 times a week someone calls at 10 to change something else. Its getting rather ridiculious.

I understand that this is his job, and I "signed up for this too", but really? some days he gets zero time with Evelyn. I don't care if you say "the army comes before families", this is bullshit. I can handle getting only a few hours a day with him. I can text him and interact with him some how. Evelyn, gets that 1 or 2 hours a day with him and its not fair.

I've mentioned before that I am not 100% sure if P is reenlisting or if he is going to get out. We still have 6 months to decide. But we do know if he is able to get out of Fort Bragg...we are going to do it. Hopefully get stationed somewhere closer to home. Until then...I guess we just got to buck up and deal with this type of work he is doing. But I honestly cannot wait for it to be over.


BTW...dont give me comments about how "at least he is home"..."my husbands deployed be glad yours is"...I've done deployments..I know the difference. My thoughts dont change.

12 comments:

Morgan Neal said...

We are having the EXACT same issues! But we are in it from the long haul. I just think stay positive. It will make your situation a little more barable. Life is what you make it! :)

The Mrs. in Stilettos said...

We have no desire to go to Bragg for this exact reason! We are hearing horror stories that Ft Campbell will be similar once they get back from the deployment and I am not looking forward to that! We loved that Ft Hood had a policy against working the soldiers too late and we miss that!!! Ft Riley sounds more like our kind of place as well! Hopefully you guys can try to get somewhere a little more family friendly if he decides to stay in!!!

@deploymentprbs said...

Can I just say, AMEN. We do like it here, but they work my poor husband to death. I feel like you just wrote out our schedule. haha poor husbands.

Lou said...

ugh they are working my man to the ground to..he is NEVER home i mean it! he just got back from a training....hes going to another one then deployment...ughh its so frustrating. I agree on so many levels!! Fort Carson spoiled us so bad its ridiculous...id go back in a heartbeat...and i mean that 100%

Jen said...

We spent 4 years there and went through the EXACT same issues. We were happy to leave but would like to try it again down the road in his career. Hang in there!

Bethany said...

I hear ya. It is the exact same up here at Drum, granted my husband's job is absolutely insane. He leaves at 5 every morning and really only gets to see Betsy on the weekends. A normal night, he gets home after 8 and is so exhausted he usually just goes to sleep without dinner. It really, really blows, but I'm trying to make the most of it since he is deploying so soon. Hang in there!

Chantal said...

We have absolutely no desire to go to Bragg, if we can avoid it!

I'll Love You Forever said...

I am sorry! That sounds awful. Sounds like everyone else agrees with you as well!

Mrs. Duh said...

I'm not familiar with the area, but I know how you feel! I probably would have enjoyed San Antonio a lot more if it wasn't for Mr. Duh's horrible job with ridiculous hours. The whole tour at BMT has left a bad taste in my mouth about this base. It's hard to enjoy any duty station if your husband has to suffer the entire time you are there. I hope your time at Bragg ends sooner rather than later! Hang in there!

Audrey Spence said...

Sounds like Scott's work schedule but he's not in the army. I treasure the weekends. And I don't really have friends I can hang out with or anything so I get antsy when he gets home to have some adult conversations. I know how ya feel. Just glad to know there is someone else out there who gets it because I feel like sometimes I'm the only one I know in this boat. Let's pray for strength to survive, until something changes at least :)

Jane said...

I know we are getting spoiled here. There are things I hate about here, but for the most part Daniel has pretty decent hours. 5-7 sounds awful. Absolutely miserable. How do you enjoy life when you're either at work or sleeping?

Unknown said...

I just found your blog. Love it. Were stationed at ft. Riley now and love it. Our first 2 weeks here they were on lock down and I thought we were for sure doomed with all the stories you hear about what you were talking about. He rarely works late which is nice since we were at ft. Polk before and I was lucky to see him before 9 pm. Our next pcs is to Campbell. Were avoiding bragg as much as we can control it. Hope you get out of there soon!

Post a Comment

I <3 to read your comments!

 
Content Copyright Missus Elle | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs