Thursday, February 21, 2013

More weightloss struggles.

So my goal for the whole year was to get healthier to get pregnant towards the end of the year. Since I have major baby fever all the time, everytime I fall back a bit I feel like a ginormaous failure.

If you'e been reading my blog for at least a year, you've heard me try and try and fail and fail. I'm just getting sick of it.

My goal for every month is to lose 5 pounds. In January I lost 8! I was so stoked! Then...I got sick, and I mean I was sick for like a week, and while I was sick I didnt work out and even though I tried to eat as good as I could I was also tired and taking care of a toddler all day so I ended up making pizza for dinner. Then...I gained 5 pounds back. Talk about me feeling like an utter failure.

Now this seems to be my patern I am realizing. I lose some weight, I gain it back, I get discouraged and  go away from it. So I've decided to change up my habits, while I am working out (very lightly since I have back problems), and eating and snacking better. I gotta cut myself a break. The goal is to end being healthy and have my back ready to carry a baby, and while I still need to see  doctor for some more help with this, I cannot lose weight very fast without throwing my back out of wack. It sucks but I realize alot more now that when I lose weight very fast its hard on me, 8 pounds in a month is not very fast but its enough to make my back freak out.

the more I write this the more I realize I need to go to the doctor.

so I am taking it easy for now...calling the doctor today and stop putting it off, and figure out whats going on. Eating better and healthier is getting alot easier, and doing even the simplist work outs a day is good and I'm glad I'm making it a habit! Even if they are baby steps its still good! and I've never done baby steps so maybe this is the way for me :)

Hopefully the doctor will be able to give me some more ideas on what I can do.

7 comments:

Jen said...

You can do it!!!! :) I learned that eating smaller portions and drinking a ton of water helped me. Just know we are all here for support. :)

I'll Love You Forever said...

I know you can do it! Agree with Jen ^^^. How does your back do with Zumba? There are videos online, it is fun and I bet even Ev would love to join in and dance around.

Chantal said...

I'm so sorry it's been such a struggle :( You should look into eating Paleo/Primal ;)

Lou said...

Stay strong girl and you know i can help you!!! Just let me know!!

Amanda said...

Keep your chin up... you are doing better than me. Losing weight is such a challenge sometimes.. but you got this!

Audrey Spence said...

You can do it! I just started the Digest Diet and I'm down 10 lbs in a little over a week! It's been a struggle to get out and walk everyday. I'll be forced to go out later in the evening with the snow now and not being able to push a stroller in it. It's a pain bundling up the kids and making sure I have everything for them. But its been worth it so far. I just really want to change it up. It also happens to work with a personal progress value project so I'm going to do that and hopefully be down to 165 like my athletic self was back in high school. The one thing they do talk about which really is helping me is that you have to learn to be happy with what you have. Sadly that's my problem. But I just keep trying to reprogram my brain and focus on how good I feel when I'm exercising and when I eat good. It is really hard to do but I know over time I can do it and change the way I see myself. It's for sure a transformation and it will take time. I also got one of those body media arm bands. They use it on the biggest loser. That was my bday present to myself! :) It tracks steps, calories burned, sleep and shows your activity level. It also has a place to log your food for the day so you can see calories in and out. It's really opened my eyes... like how that Costco pizza I love oh so much... yeah... its not pretty :)I would totally recommend one though. Its helping me to focus a bit better and realize what I'm taking in. If you ever feel alone just know I'm there with ya! Hopefully I can get down 25 more lbs and keep it there! You can totally do this!

Army Wives Club said...

I feel ya on trying to lose weight. Being on fertility drugs I put 20lbs on and worse part is you can't work out while you are on them. Kepp eating healthy and love yourself. Soon your good habits will show results.

Post a Comment

I <3 to read your comments!

 
Content Copyright Missus Elle | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs