Thursday, April 18, 2013

Bedroom Re-Vamp

P and I have had the same bedroom décor our whole marriage, and lately I've been getting sick of it. Its always been black and white, no color at all and I've really like it, until it became so BLAH!!!...just boring. Who doesn't like color.

Well unfortunately I have a husband who wants to be involved in decorating for the most part, he definitely didn't care that I wanted to update the room a bit, but if I suggested anything a little girlie he'd pretty much tell me no. Well I ended up making a few compromises, and I like what I did a lot.

Well as you can see...its pretty plain. Having white walls makes all the white so blah!! We bought the comforter in this picture last year when we moved to Fort Bragg, but sadly when we had it dry cleaned, it ruined the bedding. So We had to buy new bedding.


I love our new bedding though! Its a quilt and so its pretty thin for the summer. Also I got these pillows all at Ross. I love love love having some throw pillows! Also I know its hard to see but I added some sheer fabric onto the lamps to add some darker light in at night. I'm hoping sometime this year I can get new lamps, but so far I haven't found anything I like.
Top: I found some LED candles at Ross at a good price with these hurricanes for a good price too! I love love love this! It adds so much romance into our bedroom at night which is exactly what I wanted! Also I bought the green genie lamp in Utah a few years ago, and I love the pop of color with the walls and candles.
Bottom: My new wall décor in the bedroom. Instead of the two rectangle photos of a park, its now a wall of love! I love this wall so much! I bought the red sign, red frame and mirror at Hobby Lobby at 50% off and I just adore it! The other frames I bought at Ross.

So another room re-vamped...now which room am I tackling next (besides Ev's toddler room which is almost done.)...believe it or not...a man cave. Well its more like our game room/P's man cave/office. But it will be good cause we don't get enough visitors for us to use a 3rd bedroom as a guest room.

4 comments:

Bea said...

I love the greens! Our bedroom furniture is oak, and my husbands fav. color is green so I threw in some warm gold tones to keep it comfortable with some masculine and feminine touches too! Great job! I love the candles and the green accent piece!

Jen said...

It looks great, I like the wall of love. :)

Mrs. Duh said...

Looks great! I love the new pillows!

Alejandra said...

Looks fantastic! The pillows make a huge differnece!

Post a Comment

I <3 to read your comments!

 
Content Copyright Missus Elle | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs