Tuesday, January 4, 2011

12 Weeks!

So this week in my pregnancy, I found it way easier then it has been...Kinda. I had 2 days of no morning/night sickness but my streak was ruined by my breakfast this morning. In the words of Ron Burgandy...."Milk Was A Bad Choice". I do miss cereal.

If you didnt know...or maybe I forgot, but my doctors appointment I had last week got cancelled from a lady having an emergancy c-section. My nurse and the receptionist, are very understanding of Hubby being away and saw my heart break knowing I had to wait longer and longer to get any sort of confirmation that I was pregnant. Usually most people by these weeks have at least heard the heartbeat and had an ultrasound, which I had neither. They started talking and asked me to wait for a minute and then the receptionist came out and told me "I'm going to make your dreams come true" and I jumped for joy at the thought of hearing the heartbeat! They took me back to the ultrasound room and started playing with the machine, and warned me they were not professionals at this sort of thing, but I didnt care, I was so stoked to see my baby!

My mom comes with me to my appointments to record everything for Hubby, and she was so happy to see her 3rd grandchild, since she was never involved in my brothers wife's pregnancys. I had to get at her a bit for getting so excited and not recording it for Hubby. Heres a snapshot of what we saw....remember its not done professionally so its not a good look at him/her
It was amazing to see it move! I fell in love instantly and I couldnt thank the Nurse and Receptionist enough! I finally had what other people had which was knowing its really in there! My little one really didnt want us to get a view at him/her, everytime I would get a good look at it it would look like it rolled over and away from us. It was hilarious to be chasing it around! Deffinitly my husbands child! My nurse was calling it a little stinker.

I am hoping when I finally...hopefully meet my doctor tomorrow that he can get a good heartbeat on him/her....I need a nickname for the baby. I have called it my little minion or I call it child sometimes! haha.
I cant be sure if it was just my body or if it was the baby...but the other day I had some major pressure up my side and it was coming from low enough I asumed Baby L (awe nickname!!) found a little crevice it liked....ahh. It probably wasnt Baby L, but it was fun to think it was.


So here is my Weekly Update on Baby L's progress this week from BabyCenter.com

 The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw baby L is growing so fast! I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

How so exciting!! Congrats :)

Audrey Spence said...

Yay for 12 weeks! Hopefully all the icky sickness will be leaving you soon. I know not all women are as lucky and can be sick all pregnancy but we'll hope that you're the norm and it goes away soon! Can't wait to hear about your appt. tomorrow! Good luck!

Post a Comment

I <3 to read your comments!

 
Content Copyright Missus Elle | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs