Friday, May 4, 2012

Failing Comments.

I had so many helpful comments yesterday on my Failing post. So I thought I'd answer them here incase anyone wanted to know or needed advice...

Alison C @ Army SO wrote:
Try using myfitnesspal. It's helped me lose ~14lbs. They have a mobile app too. You can lose weight by dieting, the thing I have discovered with myfitnesspal, is that what I thought was 1 serving was actually a lot more, especially with pasta. Also a lot of people on that site recommend "30 day shred", I guess you can find the 1st part on youtube. It helps them "tone up

I am one of those lame people that still have Blackberrys and they suck. I have heard of MyFitnessPal and I know its on an iphone, and luckily I can get an iphone upgrade next month! So I'll make sure to add that app onto my phone when I get it :)

KD @ Combat Boots & Booster Seats wrote:
I'm sorry you're feeling that way about your body. :-( Not good.

As for DVDs, Crunch Fitness makes some of my favorite! My go-to is Super SlimDown: Pilates-Yoga Blend. The 40 minutes go by super fast, and it's even on Netflix watch instantly, I believe. Drew thinks it's hilarious to watch me too! It'll change your body… my waste is already smaller and I only do it twice a week or so.

I hope you get some positive reinforcement soon, on the scale or otherwise. Don't be so hard on yourself. You're beautiful!!


I'll make sure to check that out on Netflix! I ordered a Yoga mat yesterday and a Biggest Loser Yoga DVD on Amazon too so hopefully I can get working on something while Evelyn naps. and thanks for the comments!

Amber @ Amber and Joe wrote:
You'll get back on track in no time! Try walks with her, that's exercise that doesn't require a sitter :) And diet sodas are actually worse for you than regular sodas. The artificial sweeteners are terrible for you! Everyone has set backs in weight loss, it's ok! And tell the hubs that if he wants a smokin hot wife, he needs to step up once in awhile and watch the baby so you can work out :) Good luck!


I've been doing walks with Evelyn, but its starting to get really hot and humid here. So I am worried about taking her out for too long. I guess I hadn't really thought about that with diet sodas! I really am liking my Diet Coke though ;) but I am working on getting back off of it. Sometimes I feel like I need that caffeine boost, but there are a few other things I can do besides have a soda. I will make sure to tell my husband that! He was very helpful before he went back to work and since he is working again he is not very helpful, hopefully we figure something out soon!!

Chantal @ Scattered Seashells wrote:
Don't feel like you failed! Just accept that you've gained some weight back and jump on it. Netflix has good work out videos on Instant Play!


I really do feel like a failure. It's hard for me to feel like all I do is get fatter or lose control. Like I said in my post I wish I could be that girl that starves but I just LOVE food. I love cooking and baking, and I need to learn better on how to do it in moderation. I barelly bake anymore so *HIGH 5* for me! :) I'll make sure to check on netflix for workout routines!

Lou @ Guinn and Bare It wrote:
you didnt fail!!! it happens to everyone, trust me its happened to me. Me and Guinn are doing south beach it was rough at first but now that we are on phase 2 we can eat pretty much anything we want except white bread and sugar...but finding sugar free becomes so natural and even better tasting!! I dont know if your interested in it but it sure helped me! Im sure youll get backn on track i have faith!


Girl I love you, but I LOVE carbs! hahaha. You've seen what my kitchen looks like...have you seen the Cupcakes? haha. I am working on doing less carbs and less sugar. Usually I wont make anything that has lots of sugar in it or even noodles we try to stray from. I know you gotta be looking good for the beach when you go to Hawaii and your looking good! Keep it up!!

Cassidy @ Wife in the Hood wrote:
I agree with the others, you're not a failure. At all! You need motivation and there's nothing wrong with that. We all do, we just have to find what works for us. A suggestion? Make a goal for yourself a small goal. Work with 5 lbs, then 10 lbs then 20 lbs. With each goal you hit, indulge in something that's not food. Get your nails done, hair, new shirt something you've been admiring for a while. Also, make a routine. Routines are what keep you going. Here's mine it might help but I haven't fallen off the wagon, and when a wrench is thrown into my routine I use it to work around with mine. Morning. Get up, let the dogs out, and make the hubby breakfast. While I make his breakfast I make us green smoothies. My breakfast is the smoothie since I put so many things into mine. I'll enjoy the 30 minutes he's got home after PT and before he returns. When he leaves I make time for 30 minutes of yoga and 40 minutes of walking my pit. It's daily. It's every morning and before the heat of the day when I can ENJOY it. This way I can say 'I did it all this morning' instead of a possible 'Oh I'll do it later.' Later never works. You can do it honey!!


I like your idea of smoothies in the morning. One thing I really have wanted to buy is a juicer and a blender. We had actually talked about doing juicing diets, but the one time we traded meals for juice I starved!! So maybe a smoothie would add more into it. I have been wanting to get back into yoga, and I did buy a DVD on amazon and a mat to help! I hurt my knee in yoga a while ago and the walking we've done helped alot we me pushing it farther. It doesn't hurt anymore. I am going to try and see if I can hurry up with Evelyn in the morning to walk before it gets too hot. It is super humid out lately and mixed with heat its muggy! She wakes up at 7 and usually we're done with her feedings and my breakfast by like 745 and then its this huge thing with just getting her into the stroller which by the time that all happens its 8, and then around 830 it gets hotter. Or maybe I am just hotter haha. I am going to try and working it all out! Maybe I should get the Hubs working on walking with me at night! I love night walks!


Thank you to everyone who wrote me such helpful comments!! You all have no idea how much you can push me! I'm grateful to have such supportive readers and friends! I'm going to be working on getting better and hopefully soon I'll be back on track and getting baby/deployment weight off me!!

1 comments:

Chantal said...

Hey I'm like you, I like food too! You know what helped? The Richard Simmons diet. You get to eat food, healthy, tasty food, and lose weight! He just teaches you how to portion your meals. I highly highly recommend it.

Post a Comment

I <3 to read your comments!

 
Content Copyright Missus Elle | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs