Monday, August 27, 2012

Show & Tell! Marriage Edition

I'm linking up with Mrs. to Mama again today for Show and Tell! Marriage Edition!

Are you married? If so when did you get married, and tell us about your special day. If not? How would you describe your dream wedding?

I got married on December 30, 2009! It was 5 days after we got engaged! I had always wanted a wedding, with the dress and the flowers and the photos that last a life time. Unfortunetly, as I am sure it is for many Military Wives, you have very limited and not guarenteed time to actually have your wedding. P and I decided to get married in the courthouse the day before we did it. My Mom wanted to make it as special as possible, so we got a florist to make me a bouquet and P a boutiner, got a cake from walmart (classy we know), and that was that! The next day we went to courthouseand got our marriage certificate and a few hours later we got married! We don't regret it either! We found out shortly after he would deploy again, so it all ended up falling right into place. Wouldn't have it any other way!

(yes I realize I am wearing blue...I was trying to wear something blue, new, old, borrowed..I wish now that I had at least gone to the store and picked a nice white top. (my skirt was brown))

Show us some wedding pictures. Either yours or of some that you love.
Well I only have a few. We got some photos done the day after we got married that I just love!


How about the engagement? Tell us your story. If not engaged, what's your dream proposal?
Well I had been kinda riding P's ass about proposing. We both knew we wanted it, but even after a trip to Hawaii where he didnt propose...I was getting a little mad. I started to think he was trying to waste his time, and us living in 2 different states was not easy. We did a deployment, I was ready for this commitment. I wanted us to be together. So on our last vacation I went to California to meet his Mom and spend Christmas with his family. It was alot of fun getting to know everyone. I had kinda let up on the enagment talk, when P told his friend, who was ubber drunk, that he had a ring. Ya! Way to get me to get anxious. So I waited. Christmas morning we were laying in bed, cuddling and I got up to go to the bathroom. After I climbed back into bed I started cuddling with P again and he was figgiting with something...I didnt catch onto anything I just thought he was being weird. It was really really cold so I grabbed his hand and BAM! there was my ring!! suddenly he whispered in my ear.."Will You Marry Me?" and I whispered back.."YES!"

Show us your wedding rings or an engagement photo! If not engaged/married ... show us your "dream" ring.

the pictures we got the day after we got married, so I didnt have my band yet.
before he deployed, we had photos done. not the best picture of my ring but I still love it!

Tell us why you think marriage doesn't work out for so many? What can we do to make things last
I think communication is a big one for everyone! I tell my husband everything! Even when he is deployed I still tell him everything. I'm not one of those wives who can keep even the little things a secret. I also think one of our biggest parts of our relationship that keep us happy and in love is we can both be such big dorks and funny with eachother. We know we love eachother no matter what, so we are both comfortable enough to let loose around eachother and enjoy eachothers sillyness! We are honestly best friends!

I know alot of people probably dont take marriage as seriously as others. They dont listen to their vows, and they think they are just words. I married my husband for life. I didnt marry him because it was conveninent or because he needed the BAH money.
I think cheating especially in Military Marriages is a big thing too...they can't handle the time alone, they find other unhealthy outlets to let out their lonleyness. I do realize how easy it is to cheat on your husband. I have been through a deployment, and I can tell you, it was easy for me to do something other then cheat on my husband. I love him and would never dream of hurting him.
My husband and I have had our fair share of problems, especially through our 1st year of marriage, I didnt like his drinking, he does alot of stupid shit when he is drunk, and alot of it has gone too far to the point where I conciderd leaving. I had to take a step back and think how my life would be if I had left, and I think I would miss him if I had left. I wanted my marriage to work and have its best shot at working, so P and I worked at it and worked at it, and sure we have our issues still, but we work at it. I'm glad we never gave up.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey, I planned my wedding in advance (well, like a month or two in advance) and still got a Sam's Club wedding cake. Nothing wrong with that! :P

Chantal said...

Love your ring!

Nicole said...

That quote is PERFECT!

Post a Comment

I <3 to read your comments!

 
Content Copyright Missus Elle | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs