Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Daddy

My Daddys name is Mike. He is the middle kid of 5 siblings. His moment he will never ever live down is the MASSIVE afro he had at my mom and his wedding! I wish I had a photo to show you. My Dad didnt want me, he wanted a boat but he got stuck with me plus 3 more siblings! I know he is very grateful to have us and one day he will own his boat.

My Dad and I never had a super strong relationship. It's taken a long time for our relationship to really bloom. Before my teenage years I would of considered us very close. He took us and the youngest kids out on camping trips and always made sure I was involved since I was the youngest girl with 2 boys, not counting my handicapped sister. After I married Hubs and I moved away to KS, our relationship got alot better. When I moved home last year for the deployment, our relationship was stronger then ever. I could really see how much my Dad and I were alike and that's probably why our relationship was so strained and why we butted heads so much. Now that we are older we have finally found our ground to get along without pushing buttons.

My Dad has tried to give us the best life ever and he surpassed without a doubt! My life has been enriched with blessings and I have to thank my Dad for showing me that putting your heart and soul into your kids will enrich your life even more! I couldn't of asked for a better Grandpa for Evelyn, she's the only one she's got and he's the best example to her!

excuse my fattness I was 7 months pregnant

2 comments:

Anna said...

Such a sweet post!

Audrey Spence said...

We missed you guys yesterday! Hope you and your hubby had a lovely father's day in NC!

Post a Comment

I <3 to read your comments!

 
Content Copyright Missus Elle | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs