Wednesday, June 6, 2012

One Year Ago.

I was living a normal day, my husband was deployed, I was almost 8 months pregnant, and I hadn't heard from him all day. Which we know can mean something is wrong. I tried to not think anything of it and knew I would hear from him soon...until someone told me something happened.

What had happened was an attack on my husbands JSS. Water heater sized RPG's flew over their walls and we're blowing away the JSS. The damage was horrible from what I have heard.

Sadly not everyone survived. 5 guys died that day. Two of which Paul was good friends with. Over 20 people were injured and sent home. My husband is very very lucky that the RPG that landed by his room didn't go off. Sadly that wasn't the case for others.

Not everyone is so lucky. I always have these guy's families on my mind.

Today is a day for all of the boys to remember their friends, and sadly Hubs is not back in Riley to be around the other boys he was deployed with. I'm glad him and the boys got some closure when they went to the Mike Hike where they honored one of their fallen.

Keeping the boy's memory's alive. May they forever rest in peace and thank you for their sacrifice.



2 comments:

Kendall said...

This gave me the chills. RIP fallen heroes.

I'll Love You Forever said...

Thinking of them and their families! xoxo

Post a Comment

I <3 to read your comments!

 
Content Copyright Missus Elle | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs