Saturday, October 2, 2010

Not the same.

Ok, so I lied. I am blogging. Theres been a few "pressing" issues on my mind. With this upcoming deployment, and all the preparing, I find myself going back into the mind set I was in last time. The hard headed, leave me alone, your an idiot mind set.
I am not a mean person, in fact my friends constantly tell me I am too damn nice! But I have been noticing, on my friends blogs about how their boyfriends or husbands are gone for ummm a day? or even on their Facebook that their husbands gone to work and they are sad and lonley...
I really do get distance, and I understand it. I know somedays when Hubbers is at work, I get lonely and want him here with me, but when you whine to me about it.....I mean SERIOUSLY, I say goodbye for a YEAR and sometimes even longer. I dont care about your petty little hour anymore.
We are not normal wives at all! We say goodbye and send our husbands to combat for however long it maybe! I like to sometimes think I am a normal wife, when my Hubbers can come home at decent hours. Somedays it feels normal, but we all know for us its normal. Plus the Hubbers gets to come home in a sexy uniform!
Heres a little thing from my book Chicken Soup for the Military Wives Soul-

There's a Difference
"Other spouses can count on spouse participation in special events: Birthdays, anniversaries, concerts, football games, graduations and especially the birth of a child. Military spouses can only count on each other, because they realize that the flag has to come first if freedom is to survive. It has to be that way."
 
Col. Steven A. Arrington

If you ever can pick that book up, I would recommend it. Thats only a little bit of the story, but he clearly states the difference's between us and civilians. Though this is my second deployment with countless more to come. I think its important to remember how different we are from other wives. We are not the same at all, and anyone who who thinks we are, well I dont know how I could even comment on that.
I feel really blessed to live this life, like I have said I almost joined the military, I am so happy thats not how I met my husband though, because it would definitely be hard! Anyone who can do that is amazing! But we live amongst the bravest heros! I met my husbands 1ST SGT and he was on of the first in Bosnia and one of the last out, I met those who enlisted on 9/11 and those who were one of the first in Afghanistan. If you havent taken the time to talk to those people, you really should! They have amazing stories!  
Though I feel pitty for my friends when their husbands do have to go away. I find myself wondering if they at all consider what I go through. Have any of you had friends over look what you go through because your husband is (hopefully) not constantly on their minds? Mine have always seemed to forget that, yes I do have someone constantly on my mind, someone I have limited time to talk to, someone that makes me more addicted to my crackberry then normal. Our husbands maybe half way across the world, but they are still always with us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 to read your comments!

 
Content Copyright Missus Elle | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs