Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ultimate Sacrafice.

If you have turned on the news lately you know that there were 5 US Soldiers killed in Iraq by a rocket attack. Sadly this was my husbands battalion. While I have learned my husband is safe...I have sadly learned he lost two of his good friends.
Though I will not release the names of the soldiers so that their families can grieve in private. I decided I needed to talk about what has happened.

These attacks from what I have learned were warnings to us that Iraqi's do not want us to stay there. They are warning us to leave Iraq by our deadline, which is the end of the year. Its very sad that for them to get their point across lives have to be lost. Its been discussed that if the Iraqi Government wants us to extend our deadline that we could possibly end up staying longer...which would mean my husbands Brigade would be extended.
Given that since this deployment started 8 soldiers have now given their lives in his Brigade, almost everyone is begging for our husbands and wives to come home. I cannot blame them, things like this make me long for my husband even more then I longed before. I would give anything to have him home.
Though we all know just because this has happened, doesn't mean our soldiers are coming home, I cant help but wish it would mean something to our government, that these attacks are in hate. They dont want us there. They want us gone, and they don't want our help. I hope that our President see's what they are putting our families through, that we don't deserve to lose our loved ones to make a point to the world. America is strong, and the world knows that.

I wish the families of my husbands brigade comfort and peace. We all desperately need it.


Keep these soldiers in your prayers as well as all the other troops.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad your husband is safe and sad that move lives were lost. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the 5 who have began to grieve.

Katie said...

In my prayers. & this hits close to home..my soldier just arrived there to help all the men cope/etc. So glad your husband is safe. <3

Unknown said...

I am so sorry, but glad your husband is safe. Thoughts and prayers to you all.

Lou said...

when i read that article , for some reason i felt like it was connected to you somehow. i am so sorry to hear this my dear, yet i am so glad that your husband is safe. i will keep him in my prayers, a safe arrival with the rest of his battalion and the support of our government. stay strong.

erika said...

I'm so glad your husband is okay, but praying for your family and the rest of the batallion's families.

Erin said...

I am so glad that your husband is safe, but I am so sorry to hear about the losses that occured. You all will definately be in my thoughts and prayers as well as all of the other families! God Bless you all!

Post a Comment

I <3 to read your comments!

 
Content Copyright Missus Elle | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs