Monday, November 8, 2010

I am Liz.

I have realized I have not posted anything on who I am! I have seen a few bloggers doing it lately and I just thought, damn I should do that. I have 39 followers! Which is amazing I never thought my blog would take off like this in 1 month! So thank you all for reading and commenting on my posts. I do read everyones comments and I am trying to follow everyone, but as most of you can tell right now is super busy!!

I am Liz.

I am Liz. Obviously. I grew up in a small(ish) town outside of Salt Lake City, Utah. I am 21 years young(ish). I conciser myself older and not super young because believe it or not I have had alot of challenges in my very few years.
I lost my beautiful older sister 10 years ago on May 14, 2000. She passed away in my home and she was 20 years young, she was 9 years older then me. She had an enlarged heart, that was mainly caused my alcoholism and her being over weight. I constantly look at ways to make her happy, and there is honestly not one day that goes by that I dont think about her. Its hard being the first sibling to out live her, but I try to do so many things she would want to do in her life and do them for her. 
*Suzy and I back in 1993
I have had depression since I was probably in 3rd grade, I have always struggled with my weight, and my looks. I have gone through sexual abuse, physical abuse, and emotional abuse through my high school years, it has taken me a long time to deal and heal but I can finally say I am happy with where I am at in my life. I am a strong woman who wants more for my spawns when they come along. 
I am the middle child out of 6 kids. I got my older brother Trav, and he just moved back from living in Maine for 2 years, he has 2 little boys and 3 step-kids that I adore! Suz, who I have just described passed away 10 years ago, then after me is my brother AJ, who is currently joining the US Army and is adopted but honestly you cannot tell, Guy...yes thats his name, its after my Great-Grandfather, and he is currently trying to put his life together but he is my little brother and I believe in him so much!!, and finally my baby sister Alisha who is also adopted and is mentally and physically handicapped, shes 15 and shes a freshmen in high school with a teenager attitude! Shes my angel and looks exactly like me! 
*^ this is our last family picture..yeah I rocked the permed hair do.
Enough about them this is about me! But no my family means the world to me!
My Hubberkins is in the US Army as a 13 Delta..Field Artillery, he has been in the Army for 4 years and many more to go!, we met a little over 2 years ago and right after we met we went through our first deployment together. It was hard but we know each other inside and out. He is an only child and his mom reminds me of a teenager. I have had a hard time with her, because she is very active, and still acts very young. But she gave birth to my Hubby and that makes me love her so much!
I never went to college and though I think about going to culinary school, I am very old school and want to be a stay at home wife and mom. My husband supports that very much and that makes me very lucky! I actually enjoy being at home and getting everything done so he doesnt have to. If that makes us happy then thats all I can ask for.
Right now Hubby and I are facing our 2nd deployment...that is literally right around the corner. Words cannot describe how proud I am of him! He faces these things with no fear, which makes me want to be brave for him.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i had no idea you've been through so much! thanks for sharing your beautiful story elizabeth :)

Lou said...

thanks for sharing love...i can relate in many ways..you should go for culinary school...i want to ...maybe you can inspire me!

Audrey Spence said...

love the family pic! So awesome. I think in our last family pic I had permed hair too. I also can't believe how tiny Alisha is in that! She has grown up so much!

Post a Comment

I <3 to read your comments!

 
Content Copyright Missus Elle | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs