Monday, November 8, 2010

Mouse Attack!

So yesterday I was trying to pick up my kitchen, because we have no furniture so everything kinda just goes on the kitchen counters right now, much to my mislay, I started right by the sink to lift a towel and find a mouse...I did a double take because I wasn't sure if I saw it or not...nope it was there! I jumped like a little girl, darted across the room and started screeching, laughing, and screaming while my husband just stares at me, just like WTF. I tell him there is a flippin mouse in my kitchen and I run up the stairs..now just to be clear...I am usually never like this!
Now I dont know why he got the idea to chase the mouse with a knife but next thing I see is him crouching on the kitchen floor with 2 knifes in hand, and I just stare wondering if his dumbness of running around with a knife is the smartest thing? Its not like the mouse knew it was a knife. Well hubbys brave idea failed, the mouse ran between our dishwasher and the wood between it, so we had to wait for it to come out....
It was about 4 AM when I heard it. The stupid thing was scratching at something, I wake up Hubby and prepare for battle...I will not chicken out or let Hubby run with knifes. Finally we see the little thing, its a baby mouse, but that doesnt make me pitty it, its stuck in our sink and cannot get out...Hubby starts freaking out as the thing gets closer to getting out of the sink, I reach for a bowl and slam it on top of the mouse and take off running! I knew I had it and did not want to touch it. I grabbed a cardboard piece to keep it in the bowl, but Hubby makes up his own plan and decides to turn the water on...Sad to say that mouse was wet, and probably had broken legs, and then I pittied the fool.
I asked Hubby if we should drive it up the street and release it into the wild, I had always learned when I was younger that they know how to get back into the house so you drive it far away from your home...nope Hubby threw it in our backyard that we do share with like 10 other people.
Our home has been a little odd, our garage door has been opening constantly so we are pretty sure thats how it got into our house, we must have been out of the house.
Just had to share my little 4 AM adventure. Do you have any 4 AM adventures?

2 comments:

Lou said...

oh my gosh is it weird that my husband would have done the same exact thing? ahah

Unknown said...

I sic my cats on the mice. The only problem is that I don't want to touch the mouse once they have it. I usually let Ig eat it so I don't have to deal with it:)

Post a Comment

I <3 to read your comments!

 
Content Copyright Missus Elle | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs